Is Brian Weiss Fraud? It took me several years to compile my thoughts and take up the question comprehensively. I would be sharing various aspects of Dr. Brian Weiss in this post to let you decide whether he is a real fraud? Dr. Weiss is a formally trained medical professional specializing in psychiatry and later on switching over to the field of past life regression. He holds valid and genuine medical and psychiatric degrees of United States and he served as the Chairman in the Academic Department of Psychiatry. This medical and psychiatric background of him is authentic and beyond any doubt. No body would raise any query or eyebrows for his medical qualifications and positions in US.
Having said that, the issue of fraud comes due to his extensive and in-depth involvement, practice and writing in the field of past life regression. Let me break past life regression process into two stages (a) Hypnosis (b) past life regression proper.
- Hypnosis and hypnotherapy are legitimate, scientific and medically accepted modality of treatment which have been recognized by American Psychiatric Association, American Psychological Association, British Medical Society and many more associations, organizations and Governments in the world. Hypnosis has its own scientific bases. Even the critics of hypnosis do believe in the existence of hypnosis in one or the other forms. You can find a chapter on hypnosis in most standards and authority textbooks of Psychiatry. It is not a taboo subject. Although there have been many myths and misconceptions attached to hypnosis as if it is a form of black magic. It is not black magic. It is a scientific procedure.
- The field of past life regression is quite controversial and founded on yet to be scientifically established law of karma and rebirth. This carries religious connotations too. There are religions which do not share the theory of re-birth. And at the same time, there are not enough scientific evidence to prove the existence of re-birth. The proofs are awaited. Until accumulation of sufficient and convincing proofs of re-birth this procedure of past life regression would remain controversial and taboo in the field of science, religion and communities. Until sold proofs are available, the practice of past life regression is loosely and provisionally based on the theory of rebirth.
- There are some evidence like the research of Prof. Ian Stevenson who conducted researches on the children of reincarnation type and presented solid evidence to the scientific community in favor of reincarnation. The evidence are being generated from various angles apart from the scientific studies of Stevenson and Satwant Pasricha. I am citing some sources of evidence which can help in establishing the theory of rebirth:
- The work of Raymond Moody on Near Death Experiences as contained in Life After Life gives clues to the existence of life beyond this physical body.
- The work of William Baldwin on Spirit Releasement Therapy
- The work of Walter Simkew on medium based studies of past lives
- The work of mediums like Edger Cacye who could contact spirits, act as medium and relay messages from the other side
- The work of Dr. Brian Weiss on past life as contained in his books such as Many Lives, Many Masters
Dr Brian Weiss is one of several thousand persons across the world who are practicing, teaching and researching the field of past life regression. His teachings and books have promoted the field of past life regression in the world. You can find many videos in YouTube also you can search for past life regression in YouTube and Google to appreciate the breadth of the practice across the world.
How would you justify calling Dr. Brian Weiss Fraud only because he is practicing past life regression, the theoretical underpinning of which are yet to be identified. As on date, the application of past life regression are being done for pragmatic reasons. Because it heals, it cures, it resolves the issues in your life, it is being used and practiced. If it stops working, it would come to an end like many therapies of the past, which were quite popular at some time but later on lost their grounds. But in today’s world, it is working, more and more people are coming forward to receive its benefits and getting healed.
I am an admirer of Dr. Brian Weiss and learn extensively through his books, practicing it, applying it, spreading and wiring on past life regression since 2002 and wish to continue to do so for rest of my life to give solace to the suffering soul, mind and body
I invite you to Free support Group to feel the energy of the people involved in past life regression, share your views and perspective on this noble field.
Have a nice day!